Features and improvements
- Added ability to show / hide excluded nodes in the tree view. The default behavior is to remove the nodes from the treeview when they become excluded. You may change this option by right clicking on the treeview and selecting “Show excluded nodes”, or you may also go to the “Project Options” and check “Show Excluded Nodes” checkbox located under the project name.
- Managed C++ now highlights properly.
- Serialization exceptions (caused by passing the wrong file to various places) are now handled and display an explicit error message.
- When a project is loaded, there is now an option in the application options to load the last coverage data file that was opened w/ that project
- Tweaked functionality of the “Filters” screen in the Project options and the Coverage View options
- The registration program now lets you specify a proxy server
- Default theme for 0% coverage nodes is now red text.
- Fixed some trend bugs. Trends were running in Professional mode, removing all of the Cyclomatic complexity and branch point information. Any Trend file that was used with v3.0.9 should be discarded unless you need those metrics.
- Visit count tooltips in the source file viewer wouldn’t display under certain circumstances.
- Source code wasn’t highlighting with the color in the theme.
- Sidebar titles in the Full Coverage Report were double html-escaped.
- Fixed sorting in the Full Coverage Report sidebars.
- Fixed sorting in the Full Coverage Report main pages.
- When run on a non-english OS, NCover’s help links didn’t work.
- Excluding a property in the tree view now works.
- Excluding nodes under certain circumstances would cause NCover Explorer to crash.
- Excluding a class now properly excludes all inner classes. This is supported in the treeview and in the reports.
- The NCover command line generated by NCover Explorer in the “Generate” window wasn’t handling empty include / exclude lists properly.
- The “Filters” screen wasn’t handling wildcards
- Using a wildcard or regex filter would add extra filters to the collection — one for each element that was excluded.
- Trying to open a corrupted or non-existent coverage data file no longer crashes NCover Explorer.
- NCover now removes elements that have no coverage data from the xml coverage file before the file is persisted to disk.
- Deprecated the “Satisfactory unvisited Seq. Pts.” fields in the Project options and the coverage view options (the field is no longer available).
- Deprecated the “Additional Arguments” field in the Project options (the fields is no longer available).
- “Print” and “Print Preview” are no longer supported and have been deprecated (last working version was in 2.1.2).
Download the latest release here
Features and Improvements
- Sped up processing of filters. Roughly 2x faster when filtering source files.
- The window that reports errors now has an email field, in case NCover was not bought by whoever is using it.
- When the reporting tool doesn’t understand its command line, it now displays the command line it was given and its help.
- Redesigned the source code control. Roughly 1.5x faster.
- Added support for v2.1 reports back into the reporting tool. Sped up processing 1.5x, and load times (into a browser) roughly 5x for large (10+ megs) files.
- Fully implemented CC.NET Support.
- Added 16 new xml/html reports.
- Dragging and dropping a coverage file into NCover Explorer just opens the file if coverage isn’t already loaded.
- “ShowExcluded” items in report footers was removed.
- The ServiceTimeout (//st) NCover argument now interprets its parameter as the number of minutes to wait, not the number of seconds.
- Fixed an exception that was caused when certain nodes in the tree view were selected.
- Fixed lockups in the NCover Explorer gui when loading large coverage files (90+ megs).
- IIS and Services now respond to the “Wait for App Load” (//wal) argument.
- Excluding documents yielded incorrect coverage stats under some configurations.
- Closing NCover Explorer w/ the [X] in the upper-right corner could wipe configuration information in some circumstances.
- Opening a project would ask to save the prior project twice.
- Exceptions were reported twice.
- Fixed various exceptions that were caused by relative paths to coverage files, trend files, log files, etc.
- Fixed an exception (in NCE) that happened when NCover doesn’t create a coverage file.
- “Remove Selected Filter” button was removing all of the filters.
- Fixed incorrect license violation messages that were triggered by an empty HtmlReportDir.
- If the “Working Directory” option in NCover Explorer project settings pointed to a directory that did not contain NCover.Console.exe, NCover was unable to run.
- Trend support is running in a semi locked down state and it will remove your branch and cyclomatic data when you append a new file. Back up your trend file before using v3.0.9. This will be fixed in v3.0.10.
- Changing your paths from very large names to very short names or removing settings may damage the file when using the //cs switch. There are cases where the length is not truncated, causing a malformed xml document. This will be fixed in v3.0.10.
- Opening a project does not load the last known coverage file. This will be fixed in v3.0.10.
Download the latest Beta release here
A few users have reported the following issue: After running coverage, the application tosses an exception and the application exits. The temporary workaround for this issue is to fully qualify your coverage xml file. This is located in the Project Options on the “Output options tab”. Change the “Filename for coverage” to be fully qualified instead of the default (coverage.xml). Once you make this change, the application will no longer crash after running coverage.
We will be releasing a fix for this issue in the next release of NCover.