Applying multiple coverage filters while merging

Applying multiple coverage filters while merging

Hello,

I am running a merge using ncover.reporting on a slew of assemblies (250+) and am trying to apply coverage filters to only include assemblies that start with my teams namespace prefix (Infrastructure*) and exclude coverage on getters and setters. I wrote a basic batch file that looks something like this:

NCover.Reporting C:\hudson\jobs\Infrastructure.Members.Api\workspace\Infrastructure.Members.Api.Test-dll-coverage-results.xml C:\hudson\jobs\Infrasctucture.REST.Proxy\workspace\Infrasctucture.REST.Proxy.Test-dll-coverage-results.xml ... //s MergeCoverage.xml //cf "Infrastructure*":Assembly:False:True //cf "*get_*":Method //cf "*set_*":Method //or FullCoverageReport:Html //op "C:\NCoverProjects\Reports\FullCoverageReport" //p "Infrastructure"

However, when I view FullVoverageReport.html I still see the dependent assemblies and getters and setters being included. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Applying multiple coverage filters while merging

Thanks for your question, rkb9572.

I tried these filters on one of my test projects: //cf "BusinessObjects*":Assembly:False:True
//cf "*get*":Method //cf "*set*":Method

Only BusinessObjects was included, and all my get and set methods were excluded. Hopefully, that modified wildcard syntax will work as you expect. I was also successful with regex pattern 'get.*'

I'm not sure why the wildcard assembly filter isn't working for you, but I did notice some typos for "infrastructure" in the second coverage file path. Can you verify that the actual assemblies are all spelled the same?

Hope this helps!

NCover Support

That worked! And the typo was purely my own in the post. The namespaces are correct. Thanks so much!

I'm very glad to hear that, and you're very welcome!

Just so I know for future reference, did you change your 'Infrastructure*' filter at all, or did the original work?

NCover Support