Ncover exeception with IIS blocking all webs

Ncover exeception with IIS blocking all webs

i have the ncover version 2.1.0.0

"sometimes" (every 2-5 times) when i start the ncoverrun i get an exception - when this exception happens all the webs which are running on the same machine as ncover are not working correctly (dont start):

my command is: "C:\Program Files\NCover\NCover.Console.exe" //reg //w "D:\wwwroot\webapp01" //x "D:\Coverage2.xml" //l "D:\Coverage2.log" //a frontend.exchange.web;frontend.lib.web //iis

the exception that occurs is the following:

Program Output Stopping Service [World Wide Web Publishing Service]... Starting Service [World Wide Web Publishing Service]... The profiler will not connect until you load an ASP.NET page. Press Control-C to stop the service and collect coverage data.

Exception

-- Top-level exception (System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException) External component has thrown an exception. -- Stack Trace at CxxThrowException(Void* , sThrowInfo ) at ShMemReader.GetMemoryPointer(ShMemReader , UInt32 addr) at NCover.Data.MwShMemLinkedList<NCover::Interfaces::IDocumentInfo ^\,DocumentRecord\,NCover::Data::DocumentInfoConverter>.GetIterator() at NCover.Framework.CoverageData.ReadBinary() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.GetCoverageData() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute() at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args)

The profiled program returned 20000

do you know whats going wrong?

RE: Ncover exeception with IIS blocking all webs

When the exception happens the other webs don't start because NCover has to shut down IIS to work. The exception you're getting indicates that NCover isn't loading the right lib dll. You need to run "regsvr32 C:\program files (x86)\ncover\ncover.lib.x86.dll" from a command line w/ administrative provileges and (when covering IIS) run the NCover located in "C:\program files (x86)\ncover"