Coverage by test?

Coverage by test?

Um; I know how annoying it is to hear "hey, your competitor does X, can you do it too?" but... Can you please do http://www.atlassian.com/software/clover/features/insight.jsp ?

Sorry!

Our use case is that while we do do automated testing (we would hardly have bought a coverage tool otherwise...) we don't take it to extremes of "thou shalt have test coverage for every branch through every public method of every exposed class". Our policy is to test important code, and code that it's not possible to simple see is correct (as in, we don't test trivialities) (for better or worse...). With that in mind, it would be really handy to see the coverage-reach of our tests, individually.

We know that integration-tests by themselves will create friction by becoming brittle, but we're not at that point yet. The plan is to break apart integration tests into unit tests when pain accrues, pragmatically. I think this feature would help us, here.

Besides - I guess NCover 3's branch coverage is part of the way towards this? I haven't had a chance to play with it yet; still on v2.

RE: Coverage by test?

We have a similiar feature (and the supporting reports) planned for a future release of NCover (not NCover v3). It's great that you've asked for the feature though; since no one else has asked for it, it was fairly low on the priority list because we weren't sure how useful our customers would find it. But now that we know someone is interested, the feature has a much greater chance of making it into the next major release (or a minor one. if demand is high enough).

Thanks for the request!

Stephen Ward

RE: Coverage by test?

Cool; thanks.