NCover 3.0 w NUnit -> source files are out of sync

NCover 3.0 w NUnit -> source files are out of sync

Hi guys,

(NCover Complete Edition, NUnit 2.4.8) i'm trying to get some coverage on a project using the nunit test dll. Unfortunately every single file shows up with "the source file is out of sync with the coverage data". When i click on a file to display it in the code browser an alert box shows asking me to rebase the file. But the path shown in the "From" field is the correct path to the source file.

I can't get my head around as to why this is happening.

I have my project set up as follows: Path to application: C:\Program Files\NUnit 2.4.8\bin\nunit-console.exe Working folder: C:\dev\MyProject\Test\bin\Debug Application arguments: Test.dll

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Inga

RE: NCover 3.0 w NUnit -> source files are out of sync

What version of ncover are you using?

You can disable the option in your application settings.

What is happening is your source file on the drive does not match the dll and pdb file. You can choose ignore and the lines that are out of sync will show a yellow background on the line number.

Joe

Hey ya,

I'm using NCover version 3.0.14.

I just rebuild everything and made sure that the dll's are up to date. But the error is still occuring. The source code is still being displayed (with the yellow marker in the background)... so that is ok. I was just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong and I'd like to get these in sync...

Thanks for your help!

• Inga

Are you 100% sure the dll is not out of sync. If you are, please email that source file and the coverage file to support and I will look into it for you and see if there is a bug on our side.

Joe

It's working now ... so so sorry ... i had the build option set to Release but my working folder was linking to the debug folder. It's all making sense now! Set it all back to Debug and it's working fine now!

Thanks again for your help!

-Inga