Coverage.xml is empty(noShadow and pdb files ok)

Coverage.xml is empty(noShadow and pdb files ok)

Hi!

my coverage.xml file is empty. Empty means there is really nothing in it.

PDB files are at the same place as the library. NUnit has flag /noShadow enabled

I also have flag enabled to generate Html report. And this html file contains all coverage data I am looking for that was enough for me until now.

What am I doing wrong?

RE: Coverage.xml is empty(noShadow and pdb files ok)

Is this a new setup or did it just stop working?

What version of NCover are you using?

You are saying the HTML Report is correct but there is no coverage file?

The last thing we do is save the coverage file, is there any error?

Can you add /v:d to the msbuild command line and email me the results. (joe@ domain.com)

Thanks

Joe

Regarding setup: A month ago I updated from NCover 2 to NCover 3. I am using the same setup as before. I added the new flag "trendFile" and refactored depricated flags. But this did not influence the behaviour. Answer: There is no coverage since quite some time. Not sure how long.

Regarding NCover Version: NCover Complete v3.0.18 x64

Regarding point 3: Yes. I only looked at the html report. Because of that I do not know since when there is no data in the coverage.xml file.(I don't know if the upgrade is the cause)

Regarding any errors: There are no errors. This are the last lines of the ncover ant target: [ncover] Tests run: 615, Failures: 0, Not run: 0, Time: 96.430 seconds [ncover] End Program Output [ncover] Execution Time: 106,3796 s [ncover] Sequence Point Coverage: 36,21% [ncover] Branch Coverage: 39,32% [ncover] Coverage Html: C:\qb...\ncover\builds\3.1.0.1717-00.01\ncoverHtmlReport [ncover] Coverage Xml: C:\qb...\ncover\checkouts\testdotnet\reports\coverage.xml [ncover] Trend File: C:\qb...\ncover\NCoverHistory\CoverageTrend.trend

Regarding verbose debug logging: How does the xml-tag look like for NAnt execution?

Note(but off-topic): The NCover 3 documention is a little mess. EG: -NCover.Reporting.exe "Use Minimum Coverage" has no example in the documention(Fix that) -There is no verbose/logging flag mentioned for NCover.Console.exe(but maybe it does not exist - can not imagine that) -I used most of the NCover.Reporting flags. But at execution there are some problems like: I don't know that flag. Missing necessary flag.

To be honest it is very complicated for me to be able to run these programs with NAnt because the documention is not complete.

I think it would be a good idea to provide some sample NAnt targets which show the typical usage of NCoverConsole with NCover.Reporting.(Does this place already exist?)

Googling around was not really helpful.

I am going to move this to a support case.

You will receive an email.

Thank you,

Joe Feser