Setting default configuration of runtype

Setting default configuration of runtype

Hi I am new to NCover. We are evaluating NCover. I have installed 3.1.2 trial version.

We want to profile based on the Runtype as UncoveredSequence points. I see that default RunType is set to SymbolCoverage. I changed it through GUI ( ApplicationOptions) and it worked for me.

I am not able to set this as the default RunType. Is there a way to achieve this? Because I am using NCover-Console to lauch in one of the batch script and can not set runtype as UncoveredSequence points.

Is there a way to mention the runtype when I run ncover-console? Please provide me the CommandLine option to launch NCover using Runtype set as UncoveredSequence points.

Thanks in advance

RE: Setting default configuration of runtype

Subrata,

Are you asking how to have the reports or the IDE display the Unvisited Sequence Points by default?

This is not a run type but it a display type. The run type is Symbol, Branch, Method and Cyclomatic complexity.

You must save the coverage file for the display type to be persisted to the current file.

NCover has no current way to change the Display type during the execution. I will add that as a feature request.

Does that help?

Joe Feser

Thanks for the information. Requirement is to profile for 'NumberofUnvisitedSequencePoints'. In earlier versions of NCover there was View->Coverage option. which I dont see in this version.

I have generated one coverage.xml file with the default runtype and displaytype settings. From that How do I generate 'NumberofUnvisitedSequencePoints' for the DLLs?

Basically I want to profile based COverage type as SequencePoints. How do I do that using command line options?

In AdvancedOptions, I see that GetCoverageOn has options only for - Symbols/Braches/CyclomaticComplexity/MethodCoverage. I dont see an option for SequencePoints ( which was there in older versions). How do i get it?

The 'Symbol' option is equivalent to the "SequencePoint" option in earlier versions.

But when I generate the HTML report selecting display option as 'UnvisitedSequencePoints', i dont see the details on sequence points. I have seen the report generated with earlier versions. That has the details on :

Modules - Acceptable - Unvisited SeqPts - Coverage %

How do i get such report format? which display option i have to select? please provide me the steps.

Thanks.

I want to generate the report in the format, generated using NCover2.1.1 for Module level. which gives details as follows :

Modules - Acceptable - Unvisited SeqPts - Coverage %

Please let me know How do I generated report in this format. Is it possible to genrate report in this format using NCover 3.1.2

Thanks

Hi,

I want to install Ncover 2.1.0.0 trial version.Please let me know the link from where i will get this version of Ncover

Thanks

Is there a reason you don't want to use 3.1.4 and you want 2.1?

Joe

you can generate the 2.1 report in 3.1 using the "SymbolModule" report option

In 3.1version I dont see an option for 'SequencePoints'coverage.

And also I tried generating the report with type 'SymbolModule' option, it generates only at the Module level. Modules - Acceptable-U.V.-Coverage Acceptable-U.V.-Coverage - Avg / Max

But where will i get the details of each of the modules? where as in older version report, I see that it gives all details in one Page. First Modules only and details of each module in the bottom of the page.

have you tried the SymbolModuleNamespaceClassMethod report? Is that what you're looking for?