NCover with IIS and NUnit

NCover with IIS and NUnit

Hi all,

I have 2 unit test suites. The first suite tests a bunch of web services hosted in IIS 6.0. The second suite uses Watin to test a web site, again hosted in IIS 6.0

While those 2 tests suite run perfectly with nunit-console.exe, they don't work when I put NCover 3.0 around them.

I always get the following error message:

nunit-console.exe - Fatal error CLR error: 80004005 The program will now terminate

The error message shows up right after the following message is printed out by NCover: Press Control-C to stop the service and collect coverage data.

I did follow the article about running Selenium tests and IIS. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I am using NUnit 2.5.0.9189.

By the way, when listening to IIS, wouldn't it be simpler to just stop NCover when all unit tests have ran? And could it restart IIS even when NCover fails. I had to include "net start w3svc" to make sure IIS was running when NCover started.

Thank you,

Louis-Philippe

RE: NCover with IIS and NUnit

Louis,

When NCover starts, it doesn't really care if IIS is started or stopped, or shouldn't anyway. I'll double check that piece of functionality.

I've responded to the rest of this post via our bug system.

Stephen

WHat was the fix for this? I'm getting the same issue

Bob, can you email support@ncover.com so we can look at your issue.

Please include the version that you are using.

v3.3 just shipped today.

Joe Feser

Is there any update on the fix for this? I am getting the same issue.

I am using: - NCover 3.1.4 - NUnit 2.5.2 - .NET 3.5 - Vista (IIS 7)

Is it fixed in 3.3?

Several of the reasons this error could occur were fixed in 3.3

If the problem still happens after installing the new version, email support and they'll work with you to fix it, even if you don't have a support contract with them.

www.ncover.com/download/current

www.ncover.com/support

Hi there,

I am evaluating NCover for use with WatiN / IIS on a build server. After I run my tests NCover is (apparently) waiting for a Ctrl-C. This will be hard when run using CC.NET.

What options should I use to have NCover stop IIS and collect the coverage data when the tests are finished?

This is the command I used: ncover.console nunit-console.exe WatiN.Test.dll /include:Clean //iis

Thanks for posting that issue. NCover should stop when your tests finish. What version of NCover are you running?

I downloaded the latest version yesterday: 3.4.6.6783 (32bit) Running Nunit-console 2.4.8

On XP SP3, .NET 3.5

I was able to reproduce that issue this morning, so I'm going to check further into what's going on. I'll be in touch soon.

The issue of IIS not stopping after a test application finishes is resolved in NCover 3.4.8, which we released earlier today. You can download it at http://www.ncover.com/download/current.