how to generate trend file in Nant Script

how to generate trend file in Nant Script

Hi Guys, I am stuck with another problem. I need to generate trend file and finally append to the full coverage report.

I have used trendFile & appendTrendTo, but it didn't work.

Any help is appreciated!

My Nant script looks like this ....

. ....

What is the correct attribute for trendfile generation.

RE: how to generate trend file in Nant Script

'coverageTrendPath' is the currect attribute to use in place of 'trendFile'

apologies. 'coverageTrendPath' is for the >ncoverreporting /> property.

'appendTrendTo' is the property on the task

Hi Sporewell,

As suggested by you , i tried appendTrendTo = "C:\trends.trend" but i got following error...

BUILD FAILED

C:\Copy of Downtime.build(8,4): Unexpected attribute "appendTrendTo" on element .

Please help ...

which version of the build task assemblies are you using? The attribute should be available on every version after 3.0.15, as long as the assembly is named "NCover.NAntTasks.dll"

I am using 3.2.4.5844 assemblies. My script looks like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

cmd ....

C:>C:\NAnt\NAnt.exe -buildfile:"Copy of Downtime.build" coverage NAnt 0.85 (Build 0.85.2478.0; release; 10/14/2006) Copyright (C) 2001-2006 Gerry Shaw http://nant.sourceforge.net

Buildfile: file:///C:/Copy of Downtime.build Target framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Target(s) specified: coverage

[loadtasks] Scanning assembly "NCoverExplorer.NAntTasks" for extensions. [loadtasks] Scanning assembly "NCover.NAntTasks" for extensions.

coverage:

BUILD FAILED

C:\Copy of Downtime.build(9,4): Unexpected attribute "appendTrendTo" on element .

Total time: 1.4 seconds.

ah. The task is provided in ncover 3 for backward compatibility. The task supports all of the new stuff in 3; you can find all of the options for the task here

http://docs.ncover.com/ref/3-0/ncover-reporting/nant/

Thanks, Now i can generate trend file using coverageTrendPath and the trend graph is appearing in reports. Problem is the trend file doesn't have any trend. Nothing is coming except an empty trend graph for different coverage metrics.

Script used ...

<coverageFilters>
    <filter pattern="*.Tests" type="Assembly" isRegex="true"  isInclude="false" />
    <filter pattern="*.Tests*" type="Namespace" isRegex="true"  isInclude="false" />
    <filter pattern="*_UnitTests*" type="Class" isRegex="true"  isInclude="false" />

</coverageFilters>

Thanks,

If you load the trend file into NCover Explorer, do you see trends?

Hi Sporewell,

Yes i can see the trends when i load trend file into Explorer.

Is your problem resolved or do you need additional help with your Nant script?

Thanks

Joe Feser

Hi Joe,

I want to do it using cmd line. So once i run my Nant Scripts, reports are generated but i can't see trend in trend graph. Trend graph is present in Full Coverage Report but w/o any statistics. This is for only trend graph.

Though i can use explorer to see these trends in trend graph, but the user will not be having ncover explorer to load and see.

Please help!!!

could you explain further "Trend graph is present in Full Coverage Report but w/o any statistics" because I'm not sure I understand it fully.

Hi Sporewell, I mean to say that the graph is present in report but with no values(actual X and Y values). But when i load the same trend file into explorer i can see dots(green and red) indicating X-Y axis values.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks,

I've elevated this to a support case. You should get an email from support at ncover.com soon

testking HP0-S20Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) validates the ability to install, configure, ope testking 1z0-050 rate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills. This new curriculum alstestking MB2-633 o includes (but is not limited to) the use of these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2),VLANs, testking 642-072 Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs).