code #20000

code #20000

Hello,

I'm using the trial version of NCover in combination with NUnit 2.5.

-> My test scenario: I have some unit tests in a dll called Test.dll. The testcases in this dll check the code of another dll. Nunit works fine in GUI and console mode.

-> My test environment: Windows Server 2003 (Standard x64 Edition, Service Pack 2) running in a VMWare virtual machine.

-> My problem: I'm logged in as admin and use the NCover Explorer with the following settings: "Project Configurations" -> "Run Settings" -> "Window or Console Application":
Path to application to profile: C:\Programme (x86)\NUnit 2.5\bin\net-2.0\nunit-console.exe
Working folder: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Desktop\Debug
Application arguments: /fixture:Test.TestAtomar_14_15_BookUser Test.dll "/noshadow"

After I press the "run coverage" Button my unit tests are performed and I get the following error message:

Tests run: 6, Errors: 0, Failures: 0, Inconclusive: 0 Time: 75,984375 seconds Not run: 0, Invalid: 0, Ignored: 0, Skipped: 0

Exception

---- Top level exception: System.Exception No data was collected. bei NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() bei NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.ExecuteNCover(Int32& profiledAppCode) bei NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute(Int32& profiledAppCode)

bei NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.RunCoverage(String[] args, IOutputWriter output)

NCover.Console is returning exit code #20000

I'm working now for more than 3 hours with this problem, but I didn't find a solution. Can anybody help me?

regards robert

RE: code #20000

try using the ncover in "C:\program files (x86)\ncover". You can change which NCover.Console NCover Explorer uses in the "NCover Path" screen of the project option window in NCover Explorer.

Thanks for your reply!

I allready use "C:\program files (x86)\Ncover.Console.exe".

If I change it to "C:\program files (x86)\ncover", the same error occurs.

Is it possible that there is a problem with the combination of the current version of NCover and NUnit 2.5 or 2.5.2? It works particularly with NUNIt 2.4.8.

Our internal tests run on Nunit 2.5.2, and we haven't had a problem with them since we upgraded. We did have a couple of problems with 2.5.0, so if you're using that version try upgrading it to 2.5.2 and see if it still fails.

Also, I have to retract some of my previous statement, even though it looks like you know what I'm about to say already.

nunit-console.exe runs as a 64-bit process on a 64-bit machine, so you should use "C:\program files\ncover\ncover.console.exe" with it

nunit-console-x86.exe runs as a 32-bit process on a 32-bit machine, so you should use "C:\program files (x86)\ncover\ncover.console.exe" with it

Thank you, now it works.

With NUnit 2.5.2 and the following settings, I can run the nunit sample.

Path to application profile: C:\Programme (x86)\NUnit 2.5.2\bin\net-2.0\nunit-console-x86.exe

Working folder: C:\Programme (x86)\NCover\Samples\NUnit\bin\Debug

Application arguments: /noshadow SampleLogicNUnit.dll

There is another solution, that is much easier.

I have a 64-bit computer with a 64-bit operating-system but I have downloaded the 32-bit version of NCover :-)

After downloading NCover 64-bit all my testcases are working fine with NCover.