Multiple entries of same name found during merges

Multiple entries of same name found during merges

I have a collection of Coverage files that are taken from different machines of the same product version, albeit, the source code locations may differ.

During Continuous Testing and Integration, we observed that the expected coverage for a particular assembly is not being hit.

On observing the Merged Coverage XMLs, we've found that the entries for the assemblies with the same name have more than one occurrence in NCE, while the expectation would be that, these are actually merged into one.

Am I going wrong somewhere? Why isn't the merge actually adding up the data for assemblies? [That's my expectation of merge, at least!]

RE: Multiple entries of same name found during mer

you should get an email from the NCover support team w/ a resolution for this issue this morning.

RE: Multiple entries of same name found during merges

I absolutely adore your quick and spirited responses and that too, within no time guys.

You know what, the tool that you'd sent me not only solved my problem but also saved me about one man day effort to recreate all the information required for the merges on the same baseline.

Thank you!

Have you thought of making this fix / tool available as a part of your installation?

RE: Multiple entries of same name found during mer

we're actually considering baking it in as a command-line parameter in v4