Basic question - New to Ncover

Basic question - New to Ncover

Hi I am new to Ncover tool.I installed it and tried using it by testing notepad application. I typed the following command in the command prompt Ncover.console notepad.exe //x c:\coverage.xml

after hitting enter notepad opened up, i did some opeartions in the file saved it and closed it.As soon as i closed it i got the following error message:

Command: "notepad.exe" Command Args: Working Directory: Assemblies: (All Loaded Assemblies)

Program Output

Exception

---- Top level exception: System.Exception No data was collected. at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.ExecuteNCover(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute(Int32& profiledAppCode)

at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.RunCoverage(String[] args, IOutputWriter output)

Please advice if i am missing some settings/config? I appreciate all the help.

Thanks.

RE: Basic question - New to Ncover

NCover won't work with notepad because it is a native app. NCover only collects coverage data for .NET applications.

A set of sample applications are distributed with NCover. They're in the C:\Program Files\NCover\Samples folder, and you can run NCover with them to test it out without having to write any code.