NCover.console 32bit or 64bit selection for Gallio

NCover.console 32bit or 64bit selection for Gallio

I am using NCover with Gallio MSBuild Task this way :

My environment variables (System PATH) are set as follow :

C:\php\;C:\Program Files (x86)\putty;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\PROGRA~2\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin;C:\PROGRA~2\Borland\CBUILD~1\Projects\Bpl;C:\sybase\JS-12_5\bin;C:\sybase\ADO.NET\dll;C:\sybase\OLEDB;C:\sybase\ODBC;C:\sybase\OCS-12_5\lib3p;C:\sybase\OCS-12_5\dll;C:\sybase\OCS-12_5\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\util;C:\UnxUtils\usr\local\wbin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin;C:\Program Files\7-Zip\;C:\Program Files\Gallio\bin;C:\Program Files\NCover\

The problem is :

Gallio is running in 64bit and lauches NCover.console from the "Program Files x86" folder :

Starting NCover v3: "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCover\NCover.Console.exe" "C:\Program Files\Gallio\bin\Gallio.Host.exe"
/ipc-port:IsolatedProcessHost.9f663f7ce3fee9af /timeout:120 /owner-process:4496 /application-base-directory:"C:\apach
e\htdocs\dashboard\source\80.01\RegressionTests\CSCTests\bin\Debug" /configuration-file:"C:\apache\htdocs\dashboard\s
ource\80.01\RegressionTests\CSCTests\bin\Debug\618765123fe88c45.tmp.config" /severity-prefix //w "C:\apache\htdocs\da
shboard\source\80.01\RegressionTests\CSCTests\bin\Debug" //x "C:\Users\livraison\AppData\Local\Temp\Gallio\NCover\tdj
zdcnn.l32" //eas .*Tests;Mono.*;Rebex.*

Additionnal error I get when building the project :

Process [Gallio.Host] is 64 bit, but NCover.Console is 32 bit. NCover will not be able to gather coverage data unless the covered process is 32 bit.

How can I specify using the 64bit version of NCover to Gallio ?

Gallio MSBuild Task - Version 3.2 build 744 NCover Complete v3.4.18.6937

Thank you

RE: NCover.console 32bit or 64bit selection for Gallio

Hi bug,

I assume that if you're running the 64-bit version of Gallio, you can run the 64-bit NCover as well.

So, can you launch NCover from "C:\Program Files\NCover\NCover.Console.exe" instead?

Sorry if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

NCover Support

Greetings,

This is what I was trying todo but NCover3 is called using the Gallio MSBuild task; by default it runs the 32bit version of NCover.

I used the Ncover MSBuild task and almost resolved my issue by now.

Greetings,

This is what I was trying todo but NCover3 is called using the Gallio MSBuild task; by default it runs the 32bit version of NCover.

I used the Ncover MSBuild task and almost resolved my issue by now.

Bug,

I'm very sorry -- I'm so used to seeing the NCover MSBuild task that I overlooked that you were using the Gallio task.

Good work resolving that issue!

Best Regards,

NCover Support