NCover Explorer is not showing code

NCover Explorer is not showing code

First, I'm a newbie NCover user and am learning my way through it.

I installed and loaded NCover, ran the code coverage on my unit tests, and everything seemed to work... until I tried to view the code.

The code window has no code. (I also can't open the files in VS from NCover.)

The first time I tried to view the code, NCover prompted me to Rebase. It also showed me the correct path to the source, so I was confused as to why it was even asking. And I didn't know what it meant by Rebase, so I ignored the request.

The second time I tried to view the code, nothing happened. No dialog. Nada.

How can I view the code in the NCover Code Window? What am I doing wrong? :)

My project structure is common: For each assembly I have a class library project and a unit test project, and they use the following naming convention:

MyClassLibrary MyClassLibrary.UnitTests

I setup the NCover project exactly as the instructions stated. And it ran without error. I just can't see the code after it's run has completed.

I'm stuck here. Help please. :)

BTW, I can't seem to save NCover projects either. Is that a restriction on the trial version?

Thanks, Mark

RE: NCover Explorer is not showing code

I'd recommend making sure that Warn About Missing Source Files is checked in your application settings and then browse to a class to cause the rebase window to open. Then, browse to where the file is on your local system (just to confirm that the paths are identical) and use that path.

Rebase in NCover means to change where the source is located. Many users build their projects on systems where the source is located in different paths than the system where they're opening the coverage file, so they have to change where the path is located for files to accurately open them in NCover.