Viewing Branching Points

Viewing Branching Points

I'm not sure whether this is a current feature or something you guys may wish to consider for the future, but I would find it useful to be able to have some kind of visual indicator within the source-code view of the NCover Explorer for visually inspecting branching points (or at least some kind of indication of where uncovered branching points are). If such a feature already exists through the NCover Explorer, please point me in the right direction.

The company I work for is very stringent on branch coverage and this would be a big help to us and others for tracking down branching points that we may have missed.

RE: Viewing Branching Points

Thanks for the great feedback.

We're currently working on visualizing branch coverage in source for NCover 4. We'll announce more information on the blog and Twitter as we get closer to a release of NCover 4.

Grumble. NCover is the most mature of the .Net coverage tools that I know, which both excites and frustrates me a bit. I'm used to tools like Clover in the Java space, and now that I'm doing .Net I'm missing features like this.

I'm sure it was tough writing the code to collect the branch coverage, but if the user can't get the information back out the feature might as well not exist.

On the upside, the NCover Explorer is a lot easier to make sense of than Clover's tool. There's a lot there, so I'm anxiously awaiting better branch coverage support.

bloritsch, thanks for your comments. We want more out of .NET tools as well, which is one of the reasons we do what we do. We're pretty excited about the possibilities in NCover 4. Stay tuned!