NCover 3.4.6: Bug Fixes

NCover 3.4.6: Bug Fixes

If you're using an NCover Classic license, you'll want to get this version of NCover. There was a bug in v3.4.4 that prevented NCover Explorer from loading coverage files after an execution if a Classic license was being used.

The other fixes are in the release notes.

Download the update!

RE: NCover 3.4.6: Bug Fixes

Bug still exists when I tried it.

A bug crashes the loading of coverage data just after the NUnit run. I have rolled-back to 3.4.2.

could you send in the crash report? they really help us track down the exact cause of the problem.

Below is the only Output I get. As you see the failure is in trying to load the coverage data.

This is trying to run an ncover project for a VS2008 project. But I get the same result for every project irrespective of the target .NET framework.

Hope it helps.

NCover Classic v3.4.6.6783 x86 (Administrator) Copyright (c) 2007 - 2010 Gnoso Inc. License Key: 96BLJGG7L9UD9R1W Registered to Customer #: 38439 for 3 Machines

Adding the '/noshadow' argument to the NUnit command line to ensure NCover can gather coverage data. To prevent this behavior, use the //literal argument. Setting the //pm argument to 'nunit-agent.exe;nunit-agent-x86.exe;nunit-console.exe' in an attempt to gather coverage data. To prevent this behavior, use the //literal argument.

Command: T:\BuildTools\NUnit\nunit-console-x86.exe Command Args: "ACRA.Discovery.gDiscoverPlugin.UnitTests.dll" "/noshadow" Working Directory: T:\SRC\ApisAndSdks\Discovery\gDiscoverPlugin\1.0.0\bin Assemblies: (All Loaded Assemblies)

Program Output NUnit version 2.5.5.10112 Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Charlie Poole. Copyright (C) 2002-2004 James W. Newkirk, Michael C. Two, Alexei A. Vorontsov. Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Philip Craig. All Rights Reserved.

Runtime Environment - OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 CLR Version: 2.0.50727.3603 ( Net 2.0 )

ProcessModel: Default DomainUsage: Single Execution Runtime: net-2.0 .............................. Tests run: 30, Errors: 0, Failures: 0, Inconclusive: 0, Time: 0.65625 seconds Not run: 0, Invalid: 0, Ignored: 0, Skipped: 0

Exception ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Top level exception: System.Exception No data was collected. at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver._GetCoverageData() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.ExecuteNCover(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.RunCoverage(String[] args, IOutputWriter output) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCover.Console is returning exit code #20000

-

Additional. The issue may be related to a mixing of 2.0, 3.5 and 4.0 assembly requirements. For 3.4.2 I found that requiring 4.0 worked for new projects but failed for 2.0 and 3.5 projects. With 3.4.6 this is no longer required. I can no longer repeat the issue but one of my colleagues now can.

One thing I do get is the 'Loading Coverage Data' pop-up box sometimes doesn't go away even though all the data is loaded.

Further Additional: In order to get my colleague working, we had to explicitly set the NUnit project to use .NET Framework 4.0. If left at default, although NUnit itself detects and uses the correct version of the framework, NCover (3.4.6) gets confused and the coverage loader crashes on trying to load the coverage data.

Flag this as a work-around until a fix is available. Explicitly setting the .NET framework in the NUnit project allows you to keep working.