Trend File Details?

Trend File Details?

Is there a way to look into a trend file and see what has changed since the last run? For example: being able to see if new classes, assemblies etc were added, if code coverage information for existing classes has changed and by how much.

I'm doing this manually right now but I was wondering if there's an automated way to generate this sort of report.

I'm pretty new to NCover so I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction for this. Is there a builtin feature, an API, third party addon, or a way for me to code something to do this?

Thanks

P.S. I found a thread requesting the same information for version 2 here: http://www.ncover.com/forum/show_topic?id=1028. Is there any APIs in the works for version 3?

RE: Trend File Details?

Unfortunately there's no easy way to do what you're asking for. Depending on the trend format that you're using (we have both an xml one and a database based one), it should be pretty straightforward to read out the data that you need. Feel free to ask me any more specific questions and I can help out with understanding the formats.