CCNet & NCover - NCover hangs from CCNet service

CCNet & NCover - NCover hangs from CCNet service

Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem with NCover V3.4.6 when used in conjunction with CCNet V1.5.7256.1. I am not sure if this is a CCNet or NCover problem.

If I run CCNet from the command line everything works as expected. If I run CCNet as a windows service, NCover hangs when it is first called and it doesn't appear to be starting NUnit.

I have deployed this on Windows 2008 R2 x64. I have tried giving the service logon administrative privileges but the problem doesn't go away so I don't think it is a permissions issue.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

If you need any more information, let me know.

Thanks David

RE: CCNet & NCover - NCover hangs from CCNet service

I'm going to email you on your account's email address with links to an internal release we have that may resolve you're issue. Let me know how that release goes.

Hi,

I have same problem - did you arrive at any conclusions?

I can see that the unit tests are executed and the coverage file is written just fine - all I need is NUnit/NCover to let go and proceed.

I'm using * CC.Net 1.5.7256.1 * NCover through MSBuild Task (copied from your web site, my version below) * NUnit 2.5.8.10295

Humble appologies!

It turned out to be an nunit issue - the most current release as of today, 2.5.8, has a tendency to hang when done testing .Net 4.0 assemblies.

Upgrading to the as-of-yet unofficial release 2.5.9.10344 fixed my problem.

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. Glad you were able to get things working. Please let us know if you have any more problems: support@ncover.com.

Looks like the problem is back with v2.6 Our build server has been running the unit tests now for over 4 hours :(

Thanks for letting us know, and please keep us updated on this problem.

Are you going to revert to your last working NUnit version?

Best Regards,

NCover Support