Include support to run tests from the VS plugin

Include support to run tests from the VS plugin

Currently, the VS plugin will let me run a configuration I can set up through the IDE. However, without the aid of an additional plugin, I can't seem to get VS to run my tests inside VS. Those other plugins either cost a lot of money for very little gain, or they just don't work with VS 2008.

It would be a huge win to add support to run NUnit (or equivalent) tests within VS and get the coverage at the same time.

I'm used to having support for JUnit and equivilent test frameworks built in to the IDE, or as a free plugin. It's a little frustrating to have to purchase 2-3 plugins that add up to the cost of the IDE (which itself is higher than an equivilent Java IDE) just to get the same functionality I would have gotten before.

You don't have to replicate all the other features of commercial unit test runners (ahem, TestDriven.Net), just running the unit tests is fine.

RE: Include support to run tests from the VS plugin

bloritsch,

Thanks for your feedback! We like the idea, and I've shared it with our developers. Keep those ideas coming! Our user community is one of the biggest reasons for our success.