Local Copy of Docs

Local Copy of Docs

I, like many people, have to work on a closed proprietary network. There is a separate machine for internet/email on a completely different network. It's a pain to have to keep switching back and forth between the two machines to make sure the NCover is set up right.

I would like a local copy of the documentation associated with the release installed on my machine when I run the installer. It can be a set of HTML files for all I care, but going to the Help tab and clicking on a link opens up a web browser page that can't go anywhere. I see the link, and then I have to retype the link on my other computer and hope I have it right.

The links on the help tab in NCover Explorer should point to the local copy of the documentation.

RE: Local Copy of Docs

Hi, bloritsch. Yeah, things like SIPRNet and other secure networks can be a hassle. We understand that and we're looking into possibilities for NCover4. Thanks for your suggestion and taking the time to express your interest.

We must have copy of the documents...

bloritsch / Christine,

Would you like for me to zip up the PDF docs and send you a copy? Although we won't support this in the long run, you'd still have a set of current documentation. As mentioned previously, we're looking into in-app documentation for NCover4. So this is not likely to be an issue in future versions.