Unable to install

Unable to install

I downloaded the NCover-x86-3.4.12.6869.msi trial version file and I'm trying to install it on my Windows 2003 box. But every time I attempt to install it, I keep getting the .NET version error even though I have .NET 4.0 running on my box. Can you please suggest some way to resolve this issue?

RE: Unable to install

krishnarajck,

I believe we just sent you an email. Thanks for asking the question. Our users will all benefit. We fully support .NET 4. However, NCover requires .NET 3.5 for its operation. Do you have 3.5 installed? NCover installation should work once you have 3.5. Please send us a note if it does not: support@ncover.com.

Thanks again for the question!

Hi David, NCover does run on my box when I have .Net 3.5 installed. But I was wondering why this is the case, since .Net 4.0 is backward compatible. Does this mean the .Net 3.5 is a pre-requisite?

krishnarajck,

Yes, .NET 3.5 is prerequisite. It fully supports 4.0, but it depends on 3.5.

I would like to thank everyone for putting effort to solve this issue. I installed the application on my machine and found an unusual error similar to the one posted on this thread. I have tried to search for a solution on the internet but had no luck. I am glad I found this site and applied to method to resolve the issue. I am happy to announce that it worked like a charm. Thank you

Debbie Snyder

Vita mix | Vita Mix Recipes | Vita Mix Coupon

We are in the first stage of our project setting up our development environment; among the tools we will use is nCover. I have few questions regarding the set up of nCover with our whole Dev. Env.:

1- What is needed in the developer machine and in the CI server to get everything work together?

2- Can you give me hints how to update the Nant build script?

3- Do you an installation manual ?

Cheers ;)

roufaTN, Thanks for writing. I can answer these questions better if we could talk and share screens. That'd give me a better idea of what you have going, and would facilitate faster communication. Please send me a note at support@ncover.com and let me know if there is a convenient time next week that we can hold a GoToMeeting.

I have the same problem before with .Net and all I did was just to reconfigure my .net installed in my PC and after that, it works with no problems now.

Mike Madigan | name numerology