Incorrect trend when excluding from report

Incorrect trend when excluding from report

Hi

I'm not sure if this post belongs in the NCover reporting forum or this, but I have to post somewhere.

I'm updating a trend file from the NCover MSBuild task. I then generate a report using the NCoverReporting MSBuild task. For reporting, I pass filters to CoverageFilters attribute to exclude some code from coverage.

The problem is that the trend being displayed for assembiles and namespaces is not correct. The trend being used is without the excludes. In other words, my exclude filters are not used when importing the trend into the report.

I've wanted to apply excludes to the NCover task, but the problem is that the attributes do not support the same Filter format as the NCoverReporting and NCoverExplorer tasks. Here I have to individually specify which assemblies, namespaces, classes, etc to include/exclude.

My feature request is to support the same CoverageFilters property/attribute for the NCover task as for NCoverReporting.

Bjørnar

RE: Incorrect trend when excluding from report

Bjornar,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. We're definitely considering that exclusion functionality for NCover 4. Currently you'd have to do coverage-time exclusions to get the data out of the original coverage files. Please let us know if you have any more suggestions for NCover 4. Our success stems from our awesome user community.

Thanks. Any release schedule for this functionality or NCover 4?

=) Not yet. But we're working diligently.