NCover, NUnit and IIS7/Windows 7

NCover, NUnit and IIS7/Windows 7

Hi,

I'm running the following command from the command line on Windows 7 (Command Prompt has Administrator privileges):

"C:\Program Files\NCover\NCover.Console.exe" "C:\Program Files\NUnit 2.5.7\bin\net-2.0\nunit-console-x86.exe" "C:\Project\UI.Tests.dll" //iis

The tests run successfully but then ncover errors whilst sopping the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The error output is:

Exception Stopping Service 'World Wide Web Publishing Service'...

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot stop W3SVC service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service cannot accept control messages at this time --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Stop() at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Stop() at NCover.Framework.Profiling.LaunchService.StopService(ServiceController svc, TimeSpan timeout) at NCover.Framework.Profiling.LaunchService.StopServiceHostProcess() at NCover.Framework.Profiling.LaunchService.StopCoveredProcess() at NCover.Framework.Profiling.LaunchServiceMonitorExe.StopCoveredProcess() at NCover.Framework.Profiling.ALaunchedProcess.Stop() at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.StopAndGatherCoverage() at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain._CleanupFromException(Exception ex) at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.RunCoverage(String[] args, IOutputWriter output) at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.Main(String[] args)

A collegue has run the same command against the same DLL succesfully on Windows XP/IIS6.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

RE: NCover, NUnit and IIS7/Windows 7

I haven't seen any similar issues personally, Rhys. Thanks for letting us know about this. Would you do me a favor and send this to me at support@ncover.com. That'll start the process of troubleshooting. Also, if you would, provide a full console output for this run of NCover. I look forward to receiving your message. Thanks for using NCover!