Application suddenly not profiled correctly

Application suddenly not profiled correctly

Hi

I've had unit testing and coverage working on our build server for a very long time, but suddenly profiling does not work as it should. I had a minor commit (added some files, deleted some, and added some unit tests).

Before the commit, I had coverage of 76%. Then after building again, coverage is suddenly down to 17%. There is nothing in the changes I've done that should account for this sudden drop. We have also experienced this before.

We use TeamCity, and we previously used the TeamCity-NUnitLauncher as the process to monitor coverage for. When we got the first drop in coverage, I changed to use NUnit-console directly. Then it worked as it should. Then after a few weeks (today), it suddenly drops again. There is something strange going on when instrumenting/profiling the application. According to the build log, there is nothing going wrong there, and all the unit tests are executed.

I use TeamCity 4.5 and NUnit 2.4.6. As I can't send you the assemblies we are profiling, is there any other information I can provide you with to help you figure out what is going on?

Bjørnar Sundsbø

RE: Application suddenly not profiled correctly

Bjonar,

Sure! Can you send me the log file you're looking at? Even better, can you send me an old log file and the new log file so I can compare them? support@ncover.com.

Also, I'd recommend you locate the date / time that files and changes were committed which seem to have caused the sudden drop. That will probably also help us isolate possible issues. Since NCover is running correctly, it could just be a matter of locating which assembly has dropped significantly in coverage.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Email with details has been sent.

got it. thanks, bsundsbo