SQLiteException

SQLiteException

I'm getting this on our new 64-bit Windows Server 2008 build server. We are getting coverage data and reports fine, but this is still showing in the logs. Didn't happen on our old build server which was 32-bit Windows Server 2003.

Top level exception: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException Attempt to write a read-only database attempt to write a readonly database at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult() at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteTransaction..ctor(SQLiteConnection connection, Boolean deferredLock) at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel) at System.Data.Common.DbConnection.System.Data.IDbConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel) at Mindscape.LightSpeed.UnitOfWork.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel) at Mindscape.LightSpeed.UnitOfWorkBase.BeginTransaction() at NCover.Framework.Models.Trends.TrendCoverageDataSqLite.Append(ICoverageView view) at NCover.Framework.Models.Trends.TrendCoverageData.Append(ICoverageView view, String path) at NCover.Framework.ProfilerDriver.Execute(Int32& profiledAppCode) at NCover.ConsoleMain.ConsoleMain.RunCoverage(String[] args, IOutputWriter output)

Any ideas?

RE: SQLiteException

Abernier,

Is this trend file new, or has it existed for some time? In other words, did you just make the switch to a 2008 Server? If you just switched and this is the first trend file, try deleting the trend file and starting over. I have seen before that if trend files get corrupted in the initial write, they will throw these messages until they are deleted and the corrupted element gets rewritten. If you still have these troubles after trying to rewrite the file, please send me a note at support@ncover.com. Thanks!

Abernier,

One more thing you will want to check is that you have write permissions to this file. If you don't have the right permission level, that could also be causing the problem. Please let me know what you find: support@ncover.com.

dwilliams, the trend file was the problem. I brought it over from the old server. Letting NCover recreate it fixed the problem. Thank you for the very quick reply!

Great! Thanks for letting me know. Happy coding!