NCover Profiler won't connect when not running from C:\Progr

NCover Profiler won't connect when not running from C:\Progr

For reasons I won't get into, we don't keep our tools in C:\Program Files in my shop.  I tried to run nunit-console through NCover as follows, but the Profiler won't connect.  Could someone help me out here?

Thanks, Robert

C:\DevTools\NCover>ncover.console C:\DevTools\NUnit-2.2.8-net-2.0\bin\nunit-cons
ole Esl.Tcv.Test.Unit.dll //w D:\SVN\TCV\esl.tcv.test.unit\pkg\bin //a Esl.Tcv
NCover.Console v1.5.8 - Code Coverage Analysis for .NET - http://ncover.org
Copyright (c) 2004-2006 Peter Waldschmidt

Command: C:\DevTools\NUnit-2.2.8-net-2.0\bin\nunit-console
Command Args: "Esl.Tcv.Test.Unit.dll"
Working Directory: D:\SVN\TCV\esl.tcv.test.unit\pkg\bin
Assemblies: Esl.Tcv
Coverage Xml: Coverage.Xml
Coverage Log: Coverage.Log

Waiting for profiled application to connect...NUnit version 2.2.8
Copyright (C) 2002-2003 James W. Newkirk, Michael C. Two, Alexei A. Vorontsov, C
harlie Poole.
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 Philip Craig.
All Rights Reserved.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2    .NET Version: 2.0.50

Tests run: 19, Failures: 0, Not run: 0, Time: 1.484 seconds

Connected
Profiled process terminated. Profiler connection not established.

C:\DevTools\NCover>

Re: Help about failed to load ...

What that message is saying is that it cannot find the symbols for that dll (ie. the .pdb file).

For something like NUnit this is normally a good thing - as usually you are interested in profiling just your own code being run, not the coverage of nunit itself.

What you will want to look for is the sections in coverage.log related to your own application assemblies, and what it says about those. Do you have the pdb files for your own files in the same directory as your unit test/application assemblies?

Re: Help about failed to load ...

for the purpose I want to use NCover is just want to see whether my test code's test coverage is more than 85%.

but when I run the NCover, It seems ok now, but there are also messages in the coverage.log that like tha upper.

But where is the end report the say something like:"your coverage is ??%", I cann'f find It.

and also,I download a converage.xsl. but It seems also no result.

So I am so puzzled.

1)why there is a Message shows error informaiton, but It can run well?

2)where is the coverage level that I want?

3)Is there any tutorial for NCover?

Thank you very much!