TestComplete arguments in quotes

TestComplete arguments in quotes

I'm executing the following command line from the console.

ncover.console //w "C:\Program Files (x86)\App\Clients" //at "c:\coverage\app_tcCoverage1.trend" //x "c:\coverage\app_tcCoverage1.nccov" //pn "app.exe" //ias "app.*" //onlywithsource //p "App" //wal "5" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Automated QA\TestExecute 7\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "C:\tfs\Development\APP\Automation\UIAutomation\Idaho\Idaho.pjs" /run /project:Project2 /exit /SilentMode

When ncover executes this command, it applies quotes around each of TestExecute's arguments, i.e. "/run" "/project:Project2" "/exit" "/SilentMode". This is resulting in the project not being launched from TestExecute because the arguments are in quotes. Anyone else have this issue?

RE: TestComplete arguments in quotes

kfowler, you can create a settings file through NCover Explorer by using the script helper. Can you tell me what happens when you put these settings in NCE (via the GUI interface), create a settings file, and then run NCover by specifying the settings file instead of the settings themselves: http://docs.ncover.com/ref/3-0/ncover-console/command-line/program-settings#cr? Please let me know what happens: support@ncover.com. Thanks!

This worked. I had to modify the xml file after creating it from the script helper because it still put quotes around the incorrect arguments; but I was able to get it working.

Thanks!

Great! Thanks for letting everyone know. Happy coding!