remove v 3 revert to v 1.5.8 problems!

remove v 3 revert to v 1.5.8 problems!

I was running ncover 3 and removed the registration from my build server. I then uninstalled v 3. I then installed v 1.5.8 community edition since I want to use it rather than v 3.

Each time I try to use ncover 1.5.8 with the ncover explorer extras using nant I get the following errors from the nant output:

[ncover] The 'commandLineArgs' property has been deprecated and will be removed in v4.0. Please use the 'testRunnerArgs' property instead.

[ncover] The 'commandLineExe' property has been deprecated and will be removed in v4.0. Please use the 'testRunnerExe' property instead.

does not support the nested build element "assemblies".

This appears to be v 3 still some how intercepting the ncover 1.5.8 application. I did not ever get that error when running v 1.5.8 on the build server prior to upgrading to v 3.

I have all of my build scripts in source control so I just reverted back to the v 1.5.8 build scripts so the code is the same prior to installing v 3 on the build server.

So essentially I was using v 1.5.8, installed v3, removed v3 and went back to v 1.5.8 and now get the mentioned errors.

How can I fully get rid of v 3 so it no longer intercepts my use of ncover v 1.5.8?

help!

thanks, Justin

RE: remove v 3 revert to v 1.5.8 problems!

Justin, if you do an uninstall of 1.5.8, browse to your C:\Program Files\ and see if you still have an NCover directory there. That should tell you if the uninstall didn't work. Plus, doing a fresh install of 1.5.8 again after another uninstall may solve the problem. Maybe not an ideal solution, but probably the easiest to start with.

Hi,

I uninstalled v3 and the ncover folder in program files was gone. So that was ok. I installed v 1.5.8 and the ncover folder was in program files. I uninstalled v 1.5.8 and the ncover folder was then removed from program files. So, it appears that the uninstall is working fine for both versions. However, the build server is still somehow seeing the re-install of v 1.5.8 as v3. Any ideas?

thanks!

Justin

Justin,

Can you post the portion of your script that controls NCover? I think it may just be a matter of semantics. But I can't tell without that info. Thanks!

Hi there,

It is in an NAnt script and here is the script code (minus the target tag and everything else not relevant):

<loadtasks assembly="${system.drive}\build\tools\nant\bin\NCoverExplorer.NAntTasks.dll" />

<ncover program="${path.ncover.console}"
          commandLineExe="${path.nunit.console}"

commandLineArgs="AccuPrice.Application.Test.dll AccuPrice.Domain.Test.dll AccuPrice.Infrastructure.Test.dll /xml="${artifact.output.dir}\nunit-results.xml" ${test.nunit.flags}" logFile="${artifact.output.dir}\coverage.log" workingDirectory="${compiled.unit.tests.dir}"

coverageFile="${artifact.output.dir}\Coverage.xml">

<assemblies basedir="${compiled.unit.tests.dir}">
  <include name="AccuPrice.Application.dll" />
  <include name="AccuPrice.Domain.dll" />
  <include name="AccuPrice.Infrastructure.dll" />
  </assemblies>

</ncover>

thanks for any input!

/Justin

Justin, Since I'm no expert on 1.5.8, can you tell me if that loadtasks assembly is from 1.5.8 as well? I wasn't aware that there was a nant plugin for the community NCover.