Method-Level Attribute Inclusion

Method-Level Attribute Inclusion

Hello,

We are looking to do method-level inclusion through attributes since we want to only cover net new code for our project and there is tons of legacy code. When I tried it, it does not seem to work though, only at the class level. The attributes at the method level do work though for exclusion.

I did notice that there is no method level inclusion option, only exclusion in Explorer. Does this mean no method level attributes either?

Thanks.

RE: Method-Level Attribute Inclusion

Hi kb8coolj,

How are you attempting to include -- are you using a list of attributes, or a regex? If you're trying a regex and it's not working, I'd try the fully-qualified name of a method and see what happens.

Regarding the method-level inclusion -- if you enter your included methods in the "Attributes" section of the Runtime Includes, the methods should be included, as well. "Attributes" actually includes Namespaces, Classes, and Methods.

NCover Support

That doesn't seem to be the case though when I run NCover searching for attributes at the method level.

Why does NCover not support method-level inclusion in general? When I look at the Explorer interface, it shows under runtime excludes: Assemblies, Attributes, Types, Methods, Source Files. When I look at the runtime includes: Assemblies, Attributes, Types, Source Files only.

The honest answer from the development team is that it wasn't a priority at the time, and hasn't ever become one, though that's a bit surprising, I admit.

NCover 4, however, will have method-level inclusion.

NCover Support

The honest answer from the development team is that it wasn't a priority at the time, and hasn't ever become one, though that's a bit surprising, I admit.

NCover 4, however, will have method-level inclusion.

NCover Support