Support for different project locations

Support for different project locations

Hi,

I am in a development team where each developer saves thier code in a different location to each other. For example:

I keep all my project source code in: "C:\Source\CoolApp\Main..."

Another developer has thier code in: "C:\Documents and Settings\John123\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CoolApp\Main..."

How can I set up the NCover project so that it can located in the "...\CoolApp\Main\" folder without needing either developer to change the project settings before running a test.

I tried playing around with Rebased paths, which I did not find very intuitive, but could not get them to work.

Regards, Sijmen.

RE: Support for different project locations

Hi Sijmen,

Rebased paths can be used to change the default location of code files on your local machine when they were originally compiled in another location.

However, if I understand what you're asking, there's no way for NCover to search for code in two different repositories, without changing project settings, as you described.

Since NCover has to be run locally, why do you need to be able to change locations based on machines?

If these two repositories are on the same machine, can you combine them?

Regards,

NCover Support

We are a development team working on one Visual Studio solution. Each developer check's out the source code to thier own location, which is often different for each developer. I want to be able to check in the NCover project and trend file, in the same folder as the VS2010 solution file.

The problem is that if I create the NCover project file on my machine, and then check it in, when the other developers do a Get Latest, the paths within the NCover project won't match up to thier solution location and then NCover is not able to find the test assemblies.

Is NCover able to use Environment variables to overcome this problem, or is there another way I should be resolving this?

Regards, Sijmen.

Hi Sijmen,

Understood -- thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to automatically update the project files the way you describe.

NCover 4 will make most project files and settings unnecessary, but I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you right now.

Regards,

NCover Support

Hi Sijmen,

Understood -- thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to automatically update the project files the way you describe.

NCover 4 will make most project files and settings unnecessary, but I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you right now.

Regards,

NCover Support