Coverage of windows service - no results

Coverage of windows service - no results

Hi. I'm new to ncover, i just installed NCover Complete Trial v3.4.18.6937 x86 I have a windows service which i am trying to get coverage results for. The service hosts a set of webservices. I have an nunit project which exercises these webservice.

I launch the service through ncover explorer. I see in the output window i see that the service is started and it says "Process 'myapp' [PID 123] has begun profiling."

In the bottom left of the window it says "Starting NCover.." This message stays at starting, i presume it should change to say something like started??

I open nunit, run some test which pass, then close it. i then click "stop coverage" in ncover explorer. i see no results. Any ideas?

RE: Coverage of windows service - no results

Hi Liam,

NCover won't finish collection until the covered process has stopped. After you click "Stop Coverage", can you verify your service has actually ended?

Regards,

NCover Support

Hi. Yes i can confirm that the service is started when i select "run coverage" and stopped when i select "Stop coverage". The PID printed in the program output window also matches that of the running process. Liam

Hi. I just tried running my service using the console as command and i get some results. Any ideas why the console command works but explorer does not?

Edited title, no idea where the asp.net title is being pulled from.

RE: Re: ASP.Net Profiling

Hi Liam,

It may be the following default setting in Explorer:

Application Options > Project Settings > Output Options > Advanced Options (bottom of the same tab), the "Only cover assemblies with source file information" check box.

Sorry I didn't recall this right away when you said you were using Explorer.

Regards,

NCover Support

Hi. I changed that check box and now i get coverage results through explorer.

Thanks, Liam

Liam,

That's great news -- thanks for letting us know!

NCover Support