Merging Coverage and extra unvisited points

Merging Coverage and extra unvisited points

Hi, I need some clarification on what merging does with coverage files.

I have two coverage files created from running my unit tests coverage and then my acceptance test coverage. The acceptance tests covers 1 more small assembly.

The unit test on their own have about 80% coverage and the acceptance tests have about 30% coverage.

The summary report says I have about 60% coverage. I would assume that as I add acceptance tests and I am hitting code that the unit tests are not checking ( simple properties ) that it would show a total coverage about the unit test coverage.

My assumption was if I have multiple coverage files and I merge them that it would consolidate the visited points and say that a function is completely covered.

RE: Merging Coverage and extra unvisited points

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting.

Are these two coverage files created from the same build?

Regards,

NCover Support

Yes.

One application that's being profiled with ncover against a nunit process and another against an acceptance test done with fitnesse in another process.

EDIT: I am running ncover twice with the same application dll's being targeted.

I am using NANT.

I run two ncovers one for the nunit tests and one for the acceptance tests.

I then run ncoverexplorer to merge the results.

I then run ncoverreporting to create the reports.

Ok,

So I have noticed that in my report what I am getting is two sections for the same assembly. The coverage from the two ncover runs are not being merged together but shown as two distinct assemblies.