NCover through CCNET pauses at the end

NCover through CCNET pauses at the end

Hi,

I'm running NCover 1.50 beta 1 through Cruisecontrol.NET 1.0, and I noticed when I upgraded that when I run NCover through CC.NET, there's a 25-30 second pause at the end of the profiling process.

NCover does not show the same behavior when I run it stand-alone.

Any idea what I should look for? What's it doing at the end -- aggregating results and writing out the XML file?

The behavior is the same irrespective of whether I run CC.NET as a service or straight from the command-line, so I don't think it's a user-affinity issue.

Thanks,
- Kim

Re: NCover with Windows Services

Luigi,

There is another thread here indicating similar issues:

http://ncover.org/SITE/forums/thread/1097.aspx

I've just tried my own quick and dirty demo service and got the same error as yourself. So either we are all doing something wrong or something is broken. Will report back what I find after I narrow it down a bit and pass it on to Peter...

Re: NCover with Windows Services

Kiwidude, first, thanks for your reply!

I have seen the other thread, and the reason for test a service is the same one: I want to test the environment just like if were the production environment.

I did a test with older versions of NCover (1.5.4 and 1.5.5) and I have the same error. Personally, I don't think this is a trouble with this version. I have registered CoverLib.dll like I saw in other threads and still got the error.

I hope this can be useful.

Luigi.