NCover hangs on NUnit tests

NCover hangs on NUnit tests

When using NCover with NUnit strange things happen on some assemblies – Nunit successfully finishes it’s work, but management is not returned to NCover, so NCover  seems to hang up. As far as I understand this happens because while running tests NUnit may start new process, and the second process does not seem to quit.The only solution I've found is to manually kill nunit-console process, but it is not applicable because in this case report generated by NCover is incomplete and almost useless. So is it a bug? Is there any way to make NCover properly finish it's work on NUnit tests which start new processes??  I'll be gratefull for any help...

Re: Exclude libraries from Coverage reports (without changing co

NCover will only profile assemblies for which it can find .pdb files. So one option is to ensure that the pdb files for the third party libraries are not present in the directory you are running coverage from.

Another more "official" way is to use the //a argument to specify which assemblies you want to profile. You can also use my NAnt/MSBuild task to do this available from here: http://kiwidude.com/dotnet/DownloadPage.html

Re: Exclude libraries from Coverage reports (without changing co

Thanks a lot Kiwidude. That helped me a lot :)