How to add unit test category in NCover?

How to add unit test category in NCover?

Hi,

Anybody did NUnit test with a category in NCover? If you did, please show me the syntax.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Re: NCover with IIS

The coverage for IIS and windows service is indeed broken (not your configuration) in 1.5.7 and 1.5.8. It used to work in early 1.5.x versions (hence why the NCoverExplorer support was added) but currently does not in the latest NCover versions. Peter thought he had fixed it for 1.5.8 but it would appear only for Vista, not for XP or Win2K from my testing.

Your choices are either to revert to an older NCover version (which will then expose you to older legacy bugs which have been fixed so not hugely recommended) or be patient for the next NCover version (which I have no ideas of timeframes for - it is Peter's product).

If only Peter or someone could update the blog or home page of NCover to state this fact. This way, we won't have potentially new users of v1.5.8 coming by only to find out profiling Windows or web services don't work and then they submit more forum post entries about their problems. Especially since the blog/main page states that v1.5.8 does fix the bugs.

Hi,

If I were to use a previous version of NCover, which version would be recommended?

I tried using 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 but I keep getting the error "Profiled process terminated. Profiler connection not established". I made sure that the CoverLib.dll was registered. Everytime NCover fails to run, it clears the system environment profiling variables as well.

I am running an ASP.NET 2.0 application hosted on IIS 6 on a Windows 2k3 server if that helps. Just starting to run out of ideas on what to try. Please help.

Regards
Adrian