Empty coverage.xml?

Empty coverage.xml?

the coverage.xml file gets produced, but it is empty. i have read all of the other posts and none of those issue have helped me. fyi, i am using NCOVER version 1.5.4. beta and my syntax is:

ncover.console //a My.Assembly.Name nunit-console.exe My.Assembly.Name.dll

help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: NCover With VS.NET Professional Edition

For a start you might want to use the latest NCover version (1.5.8). As to whether .NET Framework 3.0 is supported - I honestly have no idea as it is not something I have tried. You could try editing the NCover.Console.exe.config for the supportedRuntime element and see what happens.

To begin with though I suggest you focus on getting a simple .NET 2.0 configuration working and then start to experiment with 3.0. You have given no information about how you are trying to run ncover. Command line? TD.Net add-in? NAnt script? MSBuild script? When you say "not working" what do you mean by that?

If you are using it for the first time just google for a bunch of tutorials on the web or take a look at the NCover FAQ document included with NCover 1.5.8 which has a whole bunch of examples. If using the NAnt/MSBuild tasks then the documentation included with those has a bunch of examples as well.