Profiling IIS Applications

Profiling IIS Applications

I see that the new version of NCover has support for profiling IIS applications, which is excellent, thats exactly what I needed. But I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Running with the ///iis option produces a message "waiting for profiled application to connect". At that point I try running my app, but it never seems to do anything. NCover just times out and gives up.

Does anyone have any instructions/hints?

RE: Profiling IIS Applications

Hi, I guess this is an old post, but I am having a similar problem. The command line instructions do not give examples (that I can find!). Heres what I have tried.

1. Ncover //iis
  2. Run the tests which hit the application.
  3. When the tests finish, the profiling is still running. I am not sure how to stop the profiling, I tried ctrl-c. That appeared to stop the profiling, but displayed message to say that "No data was collected"

It would be helpful to profide an example of the command line options. I assume I can pass in these arguments together, but there is no mention of whether some will work togehter or not. i.e. I guess I should use the //x to output a logfile with the //iis.

Also, when I ran the //iis command it suggested I use the //pn to narrow the profiling to just the application. I dont see this anywhere on the website?

examples would be very helpful.

Regards, Mike