Possible to profile just assembly DLLs?

Possible to profile just assembly DLLs?

This is in response to windows service & IIS profiling being broken in NCover 1.5.7 and to what the Kiwidude blog mentions about windows services:

"Personally for my applications I remove the need to profile services at all. By making the windows service a super lightweight wrapper and moving all the implementation out into classes that are more easily tested there is no need to unit test what remains."

I'm in the QA department, and we will be testing release code, so we won't be doing unit tests with NUnit, etc. Our focus for using NCover is to see the code coverage in a typical production use.

The NCover examples show profiling an EXE, IIS web app or service, and windows service. Is there an option to just profile a list of assemblies--profiling them as they get called by some application or service?

Our software runs as a windows service and like Kiwidude mentions, ours too is just a wrapper for several .NET assemblies that do all the work.

I'm not a "real" .NET developer but I think profiling just assemblies might be a good option to have. As a hobby project, I have written a .NET windows form control that could be loaded from a web page (but requires .NET on the client of course) and I would assume that there would be no way to profile this, with the current NCover usage examples given.

Web Ink/Drawing Control
http://www.codeproject.com/mobilepc/webinkctrl.asp