Merge creates duplicate method call entries

Merge creates duplicate method call entries

Hi,

I create several coverage files during multiple nunit test runs, since the coverage file otherwise gets very large. Each seperate test run may execute the same methods of an assembly targeted for the overall test.

I then merge all these files using ncoverexplorer-console.exe.

The merged file seems to be corrupt. Duplicate entries of almost every method call/property gets generated and one of the entries is always 0% coverage (see snippet from merged file below).

This has the effect that the overall coverage % becomes much lower than it should be. (and that a lot of "junk-methods" is shown in the explorer).

/Wiggen

Snippet from merged file:

<method name="get_Status" class="GE.Healthcare.UNICORN.Common.ArchiveRetrieve.SPOutputInfo">
      <seqpnt visitcount="14" line="102" column="17" endline="102" endcolumn="32" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
      <seqpnt visitcount="14" line="103" column="13" endline="103" endcolumn="14" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
    </method>
    <method name="set_Status" class="GE.Healthcare.UNICORN.Common.ArchiveRetrieve.SPOutputInfo">
      <seqpnt visitcount="13" line="106" column="17" endline="106" endcolumn="33" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
      <seqpnt visitcount="13" line="107" column="13" endline="107" endcolumn="14" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
    </method>
    <method name="get_Status" class="GE.Healthcare.UNICORN.Common.ArchiveRetrieve.SPOutputInfo">
      <seqpnt visitcount="0" line="101" column="13" endline="101" endcolumn="14" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
      <seqpnt visitcount="0" line="102" column="17" endline="102" endcolumn="32" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
      <seqpnt visitcount="0" line="103" column="13" endline="103" endcolumn="14" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
    </method>
    <method name="set_Status" class="GE.Healthcare.UNICORN.Common.ArchiveRetrieve.SPOutputInfo">
      <seqpnt visitcount="0" line="105" column="13" endline="105" endcolumn="14" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
      <seqpnt visitcount="0" line="106" column="17" endline="106" endcolumn="33" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
      <seqpnt visitcount="0" line="107" column="13" endline="107" endcolumn="14" excluded="false" document="e:\build\test\UNICORN Test\UNICORN\Common\Code\ArchiveRetrieve\SPOutputInfo.cs" />
    </method>

RE: Merge creates duplicate method call entries

Has this issue been resolved? Seeing similar issues in my code.

Thanks, Deepa

RE: Merge creates duplicate method call entries

I'd recommend sending your merged coverage file to support@ncover.com, including information about what nodes are duplicated, so we can take a closer look at what's going on. It would also be very useful to have access to the original files that were used to perform the merge.

RE: Re: Odd unit test breaks using Test With...Coverage in TestDrive

I am facing the same problem with NCover version: 3.3.2 Is there any solution available?

RE: Re: Odd unit test breaks using Test With...Coverage in TestDrive

satya_desh, i'd recommend you upgrade (free for you) to NCover 3.4.12, the most recent version. You can download that installer here: www.ncover.com/download. What happens after you install and run that same coverage merge with the new release? Are you still seeing the same issue?