NCoverExplorer.Extras

NCoverExplorer.Extras

Don't know if this the correct space to log this, or if the msbuild tasks are even supported.  I've made a couple of changes, and didn't know if there was a place to flow these back up to the user community.

Anyways, the "NCoverExplorer" task didn't have the "ProjectName" property hooked up in the "GenerateCommandLineCommands()" overriden method.  I added this to the top.

protected override string GenerateCommandLineCommands()
        {
            BuildTempConfigXmlFile();

StringBuilder builder = new StringBuilder();

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(
projectName))
         {
            builder.AppendFormat(" /p:\"{0}\"", projectName);
         }

Also, I wanted to change the algorithm for the "NCover" and "NCoverExplorer" targets (CheckToolPath).  If the ToolPath is defined, it will be used.  However, if the ToolPath isn't defined, I would like to change it to the following algorithm.
  1. Check default location in Program Files (currerntly being done)
  2. If not present, just assume that it is in the user's path and execute.  You would obviously get an error if it wasn't found (which seems better than not trying to execute and just aborting).
For "NCoverExplorer", it assumes that you have it installed via TestDriven.NET (looking for a registry entry).  We are using TestDriven.NET, but on our build machine, VS2005 isn't installed (we just build with msbuild included in the runtime).  So, we just use the "NCoverExplorer" from your website.  This has issues with the msbuild "NCoverExplorer" task as the registry key isn't defined.

Thanks again for the awesome tool and the kick start on moving our tools into msbuild tasks.  Let me know if you would like me to post updates somewhere (in case you like any of the ideas and want to incorporate them).

Thanks,
Mitch