Welcome... (and useful links...)

Welcome... (and useful links...)

My thanks to Peter for setting up these forums for people to vent their spleens on NCoverExplorer (if you use NCover and don't yet know what NCoverExplorer is yet - shame, shame!)...

To kick things off, here's a bunch of links some people may find useful...

NCoverExplorer Blog
NCoverExplorer FAQ
NCoverExplorer Release Notes

NAnt Task Documentation
MSBuild Task Documentation

Download Latest NCoverExplorer

• GUI/Console binaries
  • NAnt and MSBuild tasks for both NCover and NCoverExplorer
  • CruiseControl stylesheets
  • Example NAnt and MSBuild files

It would also be remiss not to mention Jamie Cansdale's brilliant TestDriven.Net addin - which quite frankly is by far and away the easiest and best way to use NCover/NCoverExplorer on a developer's workstation (and much more besides!). "Test with... Coverage" rules...

Here are a few older blog postings that may help people out with some issues or questions:

If you missed the various NCoverExplorer release posts (which I use to illustrate new features), you can either trawl through my blog or...

• v1.2 Where it all began (publicly anyway)...
  • v1.3 Expand covered, Edit in VS.Net
  • v1.3.1 Statistics pane, Remove from results
  • v1.3.2 Coverage exclusions, themes, sorting, coverage options
  • v1.3.3 Html reporting, statistics, filtering, NCoverExplorer.Console, CruiseControl.Net
  • v1.3.4 Code navigation, command line merges, module thresholds, change source paths
  • v1.3.5 NCover runner, function coverage, console and task improvements
  • v1.3.6 Find dialog, major fixes for merging files, nant/msbuild improvements

Thanks for everyone for their positive comments to date (no I don't ever get tired of hearing them btw!). If you have checked that lot out and still can't figure out something, throw a post in this forum and hopefully someone can help. If it's a killer idea for a feature you want to see, post it in this forum and we shall see what can be done. Or (so unlikely you can't even measure it) you think you have found a bug - take a look in this forum to see if you win a chocolate fish.

Final comments - please do make sure you upgrade to the latest version if you are having problems. One day soon I may add an "auto update" option into NCoverExplorer to nag you into submission when I put out a new version so none of us waste time with stuff thats long been fixed. Until then - keep checking the forums and my blog for updates.

If you need to send me source code or xml files to verify an issue, my e-mail address is found in NCoverExplorer->Help->Send Feedback. All files are kept confidential and disposed of when the issue is closed. I know its hard to "get permission" sometimes, but please either try real hard or knock me up a simple repro test case that you can send. Please remember this is not my full time job any more than it is yours, so spending my precious hours in the evenings trying to replicate something without any help is not gonna fly... well, not unless you bribe me anyways.

Enjoy!