NCoverExplorer.Console.exe and config files

NCoverExplorer.Console.exe and config files

Hi there.

We currently have our CC.NET installation running NCoverExplorer fine, and it is producing lovely charts in the Cruise Control dashboard--so many thanks to Grant for his work on that!

We do, unfortunately, have a problem which I have not been able to solves, as yet: I haven't been able to get NCoverExplorer.Console.exe to run properly with the /c: command line parameter -- it reports that "No coverage filenames were supplied to merge or report with." I am using a config file in order to specify some namespaces to be excluded from the analysis, and I don't think exclusions can be specified on the command line itself.

D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts> D:\CCNet\1.3.0\SourceFiles\Intensity.root\tools\NCoverExplorer\ncoverexplorer.console.exe /config:d:\ccnet\1.3.0\SourceFiles\Intensity.root\Assessment\Intensity\NCoverExplorer.config
-----------------------------------------
    NCoverExplorer.Console 1.4.0.4
    (c) 2006 Grant Drake
    http://www.ncoverexplorer.org/
-----------------------------------------
Using settings file: d:\ccnet\1.3.0\SourceFiles\Intensity.root\Assessment\Intensity\NCoverExplorer.config
No coverage filenames were supplied to merge or report with.
Exiting with return code: 2

I'm pretty sure that the config file I'm using is specifying the coverage filenames, and that the file does exist:

D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts>type d:\ccnet\1.3.0\SourceFiles\Intensity.root\Assessment\Intensity\NCoverExplorer.config
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ConsoleSetting xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">;
  <ProjectName>Intensity - WIP</ProjectName>
  <CoverageFileNames>
    <CoverageFileName>D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts\Coverage.xml</CoverageFileName>
  </CoverageFileNames>

<ReportType>ModuleClassSummary</ReportType>
  <HtmlReportFileName>D:\CCNet\1.3.0\Server\Portal\Artifacts\CoverageReport.html</HtmlReportFileName>
  <XmlReportFileName>D:\CCNet\1.3.0\Server\Intensity\Artifacts\CoverageReport.xml</XmlReportFileName>
  <ShowExcludedFooter>True</ShowExcludedFooter>
  <TreeSortStyle>Name</TreeSortStyle>

<CoverageExclusions>
    <CoverageExclusion>
      <ExclusionType>Assembly</ExclusionType>
      <!-- Valid values are [Assembly], [Namespace] and [Class]. -->
      <Pattern>Wellnomics.Business.Interface</Pattern>
    </CoverageExclusion>
    <CoverageExclusion>
      <ExclusionType>Namespace</ExclusionType>
      <Pattern>Wellnomics.Framework.Tests.MockObjects</Pattern>
    </CoverageExclusion>
    <CoverageExclusion>
      <ExclusionType>Namespace</ExclusionType>
      <Pattern>Wellnomics.Framework.Resources</Pattern>
    </CoverageExclusion>
  </CoverageExclusions>
</ConsoleSetting>
D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts>

I'm also pretty sure the coverage file exists too:

D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts>dir D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts\Coverage.xml
 Volume in drive D is Data
 Volume Serial Number is 4857-750F

Directory of D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts

13/09/2007  12:53 p.m.           897,893 Coverage.xml
               1 File(s)        897,893 bytes
               0 Dir(s)  314,224,766,976 bytes free

D:\CCNet\1.3.0\server\Intensity\Artifacts>

I was hoping to get NCoverExplorer.Console.exe to run from the command line, so that I could then just whack it inside an <exec> task in the CC.NET, as opposed to creating an MSBuild task for it, as a) there would be something extra to install, and b) MSBuild makes my brain hurt right now!

Is there something I am missing, or is this an issue that is already known?

Once again, many thanks to Grant in providing NCoverExplorer in the first place!

Kia kaha,

Jon