Welcome to the new NCover Forums

Welcome to the new NCover Forums

Welcome to the new NCover forums. The posts from our old site have been moved to the NCover 1.x section of the forums.

Use this forum to let us know how can we improve the NCover tools.

Re: Welcome to the new NCover Forums

Hello,

I recently downloaded the v2.0.2 trial of NCover. I have to say that I was really very disappointed. For a piece of software that is $300 for a license, I would expect a lot more.

1. The installer has no options of where to install the files too.
  2. The GUI for NCover Explorer resembles a poorly done VB 6 application from 1999. The way that the output window works is completely unacceptable.
  3. Upon uninstalling the trial, my Visual Studio installation was corrupted. It no longer recognized how to associate a .csproj file internally. I had to repair the installation in order to recover.

So to summarize, the new version of NCover for $300 didn't do what I wanted, and that was track coverage of WCF Service implementation code. Not only that, it cost me hours of work in recovering from a poorly done install program.

Re: Welcome to the new NCover Forums

Glen,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the experience you were looking for when using NCover. We are always open to feedback whether positive or negative.

The installer has no options of where to install the files too.

There are several third-party tools that integrate with NCover and use its services, and by allowing NCover to be installed anywhere, we would make it much more difficult for users to have a good experience when using these tools together. Given that disk space is almost never an issue these days (and the NCover installation is tiny), we decided to have the installer put NCover in a predictable location. Even so, we may revisit that design decision when shipping the next version.

The GUI for NCover Explorer resembles a poorly done VB 6 application from 1999. The way that the output window works is completely unacceptable.

I'm not sure there's enough information in your comment here to make any meaningful improvements to the application. If you have more specific feedback, I'd be happy to review your issues and improve the application.

Upon uninstalling the trial, my Visual Studio installation was corrupted. It no longer recognized how to associate a .csproj file internally. I had to repair the installation in order to recover.

I'm sorry to hear that your Visual Studio installation was corrupted, but I don't think NCover had anything to do with it. NCover does not associate itself with the .csproj extension, nor does it integrate with Visual Studio at the present time. In fact, in our testing here we install and uninstall both NCover and Visual Studio constantly and have never experienced a problem like this. That being said, if you can give us steps to reproduce your problem here, we will try to reproduce it and fix any problems that should be uncovered.

Thanks for your feedback and be assured that we take all such comments seriously.