Trial version doesn't allow me testing windows service cover

Trial version doesn't allow me testing windows service cover

Hello,

I'm just downloading the last version of NCover, expecting that I'll be able to test my windows service coverage but I get the following message:

"[i:ce1f1]Purchase NCover Enterprise Edition to profile Windows Services[/i:ce1f1]."

I thought the only difference between trial version and the commercial one was the ... trial period.

So, I wonder if there is a way to test this feature (service coverage) as the oldest versions seem to have this feature broken.

Thanks

Crusty Applesniffer

Re: Trial version doesn't allow me testing windows service cover

Crusty Applesniffer,

There should be no difference between the trial and Enterprise editions (except for the timeout). Have you registered NCover? To register NCover, run the Registration program (located at C:\program files\ncover\ncover.registration.exe, or go to Start -> All Programs -> NCover -> Registration) and follow the instructions.

Regards, Stephen Ward

Re: Trial version doesn't allow me testing windows service cover

This is not working for me either and I have an enterprise license key. Attempting to run NCoverExplorer just says that I need to pay for it.

[update] I got it working. On vista the installer fails to run the registration wizard as admin so the registration appears to work but doesn't. Running the registration wizard as admin solves the problem.