From NCover x64 to Ncover x86

From NCover x64 to Ncover x86

Hi again,

I had NCover 2.0.2 x64 installed and I wanted to uninstall it and use the x86 version. I uninstalled it through Windows (Vista x64) and installed the x86 version.

However when starting up the Explorer I get this error message

[i:23367]Your NCoverExplorer installation is not complete. Received this error: Unable to load DLL 'NCover.Lib.x64.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

This message is often due to these dlls not being present in this folder or your path: msvcm80.dll; msvcp80.dll; msvcr80.dll; Microtsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest

Please ensure all the necessary NCover and NCoverExplorer assemblies are located in this folder.

NCoverExplorer will now exit.[/i:23367]

I think NCover might not be uninstalling properly (at least that's my limited guess). Anyone else had this problem?

Re: From NCover x64 to Ncover x86

The x86 version of NCover should not be installed on a x64 operating system. Although it might work in some cases, it is not a supported configuration. The x64 version of NCover includes both the 64-bit and 32-bit installations. 32-bit is in "Program Files (x64)" and the 64-bit version is in "Program Files"

Why did you go from x64 to the x86 installation?

Re: From NCover x64 to Ncover x86

Sorry I took to understanding that the different versions of NCover related to the architecture of code they were able to test rather than the platform they ran on.

So hence when I wanted to test x86 code I thought I'd need the x86 version of NCover.

I realise this was pretty stupid now... hands up in shame...