Dsiplaying NCover results on CruiseCOntrol Dashboard

Dsiplaying NCover results on CruiseCOntrol Dashboard

I've got NCover built in as a part of the build process and it is producing code coverage stats into Coverage.xml (running under CruiseControl and MSBuild). The final step is to get the web dashboard to show the results. Unfortunately it says the code coverage was not run. It lies - it was run, its just not showing it.

I've got the xmlLogger in and listed the Coverage.xml as a file to be collated by CruiseControl. Googling around, it looks like what I need is the ThoughtWorks.CruiseControl.WebDashboard.Plugins.NCover.NCoverReportBuildPlugin Build Plugin ...but I can't find any reference to it.

Ideas?

RE: Dsiplaying NCover results on CruiseCOntrol Dashboard

pbesly,

I'm not certain what the problem you're running into is; when we set up CruiseControl for our internal development, the NCover build plugin came pre-installed with the default CruiseControl installation. Now, we did have to update the xslt that CC uses to interpret NCover's output because NCover's coverage data format changed between 1.5.8 and 2.0.

So, to get NCover 2.0 coverage reports working with CruiseControl, all you should have to do is grab the NCoverTransform.xsl from the NCover\Documentation directory and copying it into CruiseControl .NET\server\xsl and CruiseControl .NET\webdashboard\xsl

Then you have to modify CruiseControl .NET\webdashboard\dashboard.config find this line xsl\NCover.xsl and replace with this line xsl\NCoverTransform.xsl

then find this line and replace with this line

Thanks for your comments, and please inform us of any more problems you run into, Stephen Ward

Hi all,

I am trying NCover 2.0.3.0 and there is no "NCoverTransform.xsl" in my installation directory, so Cruise Control Dasboard does not display any report

czerny,

use the "NCover.xsl" in your install directory. there was a name change from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3

Stephen

RE: Dsiplaying NCover results on CruiseCOntrol Das

Many thanks Stepen... just one more thing... how should I modify the section? Because probably you rewrote the same line in your first message.

Thanks again!

czerny,

just make sure there is a line:

"[xslReportBuildPlugin description="NCover Report" actionName="NCoverBuildReport" xslFileName="xsl\NCover.xsl" /]"

in the xslReportBuildPlugin section (in correct xml of course)

Stephen

RE: Dsiplaying NCover results on CruiseCOntrol Das

I would try modifying the dashboard config file (try commenting out one of the links to the reports) and see if my changes are reflected in the dashboard. I drove myself crazy after following the directions for NCover/CCNet integration to the letter until I realized that the CCNet Dashboard caches and does not immediately detect changes to the config file.

See for more details: http://groups.google.com.ag/group/ccnet-user/browse_thread/thread/856286e756fce18b/7166a3c7f8e22d42?lnk=gst&q=dashboard.config+changes#7166a3c7f8e22d42