Branch Coverage

Branch Coverage

I just finished installing NCover-x86-2.0.3.msi to check the Branch Coverage Reporting feature not available in the version I was using.

Now the problem is that I'm not finding how to see that reporting. I only see a percentage referring the branch coverage after I finish running NCover.Console, but then when I load the result to NCoverExplorer I cannot find any reference to that feature.

By reading other topics in this forum I tried to generate a HTML report to see branch coverage, but again I did that only to find out that the report stated that branch coverage was not available.

So what am I doing wrong?

Thx, in advance

RE: Branch Coverage

Branch Coverage only appears in the HTML report when run from the command-line. When running NCoverExplorer, branch coverage is not reported.

Use NCover.Console to generate your HTML report.

Thanks for the explanation, now everything is working as expected.

Well, maybe not everything, but probably I'm missing something, yet again.

The thing is that a simple method that just calls another overload never gets 100% branch coverage. Example:

public string Overload(string name)
    {
        return Overload(name, "unknown");
    }

public string Overload(string name, string lastName)
    {
        return String.Concat(name, " ", lastName);
    }

Why do none of the methods gets complete branch coverage? Where is the problem?

Thanks again.

jmangelo,

I put together a quick test for this case and I'm getting complete branch coverage back. Could you send your coverage file to support@gnoso.com and we'll take a look at it?

Thanks, Stephen