ReportType="NCoverHTMLReport" don`t works

ReportType="NCoverHTMLReport" don`t works

Hello! I have Enterprise with version 2.0.3. When I try to generate report on existing coverage.xml with switch ReportType="NCoverHTMLReport" it fails with error: error MSB4018: The "NCoverExplorer" task failed unexpectedly. error MSB4018: System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'NCoverHTMLReport' was not found.

I`m building with msbuild tasks.

RE: ReportType="NCoverHTMLReport" don`t works

use ReportType="FullHTMLReport" instead

Stephen

Not working:

C:\work\perf\SCM\build\msbuild\Scripts\Common\Main\codecoverage.targets(67,8

): error MSB4018: The "NCoverExplorer" task failed unexpectedly. C:\work\perf\SCM\build\msbuild\Scripts\Common\Main\codecoverage.targets(67,8 ): error MSB4018: System.ArgumentException: Requested value 'FullHTMLReport' was not found. C:\work\perf\SCM\build\msbuild\Scripts\Common\Main\codecoverage.targets(67,8 ): error MSB4018: at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean i gnoreCase) C:\work\perf\SCM\build\msbuild\Scripts\Common\Main\codecoverage.targets(67,8 ): error MSB4018: at NCoverExplorer.MSBuildTasks.NCoverExplorer.set_ReportTyp e(String value) C:\work\perf\SCM\build\msbuild\Scripts\Common\Main\codecoverage.targets(74,1 2): error MSB4026: The "ReportType=FullHTMLReport" parameter for the "NCoverExpl orer" task is invalid. C:\work\perf\SCM\build\msbuild\Scripts\Common\Main\codecoverage.targets(67,8 ): error MSB4063: The "NCoverExplorer" task could not be initialized with its in put parameters.

ah, so sorry. The correct one is

reportType="FullCoverageReport"

Stephen

Yes, now it is working. And it is what I hoped it should be :) Thank You.

Seems like there is a bug. Why all "Branch Coverage" is N/A?

NCoverExplorer does not handle branch coverage at this time. If you need to see branch coverage output you will have to generate a full coverage report by using the //h parameter on NCover's command line.

Stephen

The thing is that I want to get Full detailed code coverage from to groups of assemblies (unit and integration tests) where codecoverage had been run already. Thats why Im using NCoverExplorer in this case. So this is impossible for now as I understand.

narcomancer,

We have a reporting tool planned for an upcoming release that will preserve branch point information, but as of now there is no tool that does that.

Stephen