64-bit (i think)

64-bit (i think)

Whenever I run NCover (through TestDriven.net), I get the message below. Any thoughts? I'm running 64-bit Vista, and 64-bit VS 2008.

------ Test started: Assembly: ET.NunitTest.dll ------

NCover v2.0.4 - Code Coverage Analysis for .NET - http://ncover.org Copyright (c) 2004-2007 Peter Waldschmidt

NCover couldn't create a coverage report.

RE: 64-bit (i think)

It looks like TestDriven is calling the 32-bit version of NCover when it should be calling the 64-bit version, assuming you are creating a .NET application. You'll need to redirect TestDriven to call the right version of NCover

Hi, I'm having this same issue. Did you have any success pointing TD to the 64 bit version of NCover? If so, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob

on the last version of TestDriven that I used (2.08) it was not possible to tell TestDriven which version of NCover to run

I'm having this issue with TestDriven.net 2.18 (on Vista x64). Has anyone had any luck fixing it?

hmm. I've done a quick test and it looks like the 64bit problem has been fixed in 2.18, so the difficulty you're having could simply be that the Ncover profiler dll isn't registered. Try running "regsvr32 C:\program files\ncover\ncover.lib.x64.dll" from a command prompt w/ administrative privileges, and see if that fixes the problem.

Also, you should be running Visual Studio with full administrative privileges.

I've now tried the suggested solution on two different machines and multiple different projects with no luck. Still getting "NCover couldn't create a coverage report."

All of these projects use XUnit.net, perhaps that is the problem? TestDriven.net is able to execute the tests fine.

I have to say, I really wanted to like and buy this product but the end-user experience just doesn't seem to be there yet. All this pain to learn the unintuitive interface, everything has to run as admin but tells you in non-obvious ways (why isn't NCoverExplorer automatically registered to request admin privileges?), and to top it all off my trial key is now expired - so I guess that's that.

Obviously the NCover team is under no obligation to test their product with a 3rd-party app like TDD.Net. Without any Visual Studio integration story of its own and an already steep learning curve, though, I would think a greater priority would be placed on it.

We have not tested the NCover + TD.NET + XUnit, although XUnit is not listed as a supported tool on the TD.NET page. I will add it to the long list of other testing frameworks to test and integrate with.

Since v 2.1, NCoverExplorer has requested admin privileges on launch if it did not have them. The only case where that does not work is a Standard User Account with UAC off.

We would love to hear more about the usability problems you had with NCover and NCoverExplorer; if you would email your experiences to support@gnoso.com we will take the opportunity to make NCover better, and work out compensation of some sort.

Stephen Ward