Re-merging code coverage files

Re-merging code coverage files

Is merging previously merged coverage files (calling it re-merging) a supported feature of "NCoverExplorer.console.exe"? I am using NCoverExplorer 2.0.3. For example, I have a set of test suites that can produce multiple coverage files each. If I merge the results for a test suite, I get a merged coverage file and an HTML report. If I then try to merge all of the merged coverage files for the test suites, I get a "Invalid NCover coverage xml file" error as seen below. I can use the original un-merged coverage files, but I'd like to know if "re-merging" is a supported feature.

Thanks,

George

C:\work>call ncoverexplorer.console C:\work\test-coverage*.xml /s:C:\work\test-coverage\merged\psmerged1.xml /h:C:\work\test-coverage\merged\PSMerged.html /r:ModuleMethodSummary /p:"PS Service (merged)" /m:60 /fc /e /cs:my.settings

NCoverExplorer.Console 2.0.3.0
(c) 2007 Gnoso Inc.
http://www.ncover.com/

... ...

-- Loading file: C:\work\test-coverage\psmerged.xml... Invalid NCover coverage xml file: C:\work\test-coverage\psmerged.xml Exiting with return code: 2

RE: Re-merging code coverage files

It should work. We know there were a few issues with nested classes in 2.0.3. This has been fixed in 2.1.0.

You can also email us the coverage files at support@gnoso.com and we will help you resolve the issue.

Is the original psmerged.xml file valid? Try loading into internet explorer.

Thank you,

v2.1.0 fixed the issue. It looks like v2.0.3 was creating an incomplete merge file, however the XML was well-formed. About half of the document links were missing, and the doc links appeared to be from the last file that was merged.

Thanks for your help.

George

invalid ncover Xml file

hello there is a application in my hand i wanna check the code coverage using ncover but ncover is not taking mine application(direct run)plese suggest some.

could you explain in more detail what you are trying to do?